Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding extra rows based on information from a single row

jonasheise
8 - Asteroid

Hi there!

I am pretty new to Alteryx and not even sure if this is possible.

Problem:

My excel file contains invoice data from one of our suppliers. The marked row in yellow tells that there have been a road toll for 3 items when they crossed the border. Based on the column "Amount" & "Sum + value-added tax" I want to create 3 new rows where the sum + value-added tax is split evenly out based on the total amount of items. Furthermore, I want these 3 new rows to contain the Tracking no. and the rest of the information from the tracking no. rows.

image.png

I know it is not the best explanation from what I want to do, so therefore I add this snippet of how I want it to end up in Alteryx. I have colered the rows belonging together based on Tracking no. Note it has to be 3 new rows containing the road toll, so we can go back and see what we paid for the specific item.

image.png

Hope you can help me find a magic solution.

BR

3 REPLIES 3
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

So my understanding is that because the amount is three. Then we want to generate three rows.

Each of those rows should have detail from the three rows prior to that?

Sure this can be done with Alteryx. The generate rows tool is where you want to go with this.

I'll build out a sample solution for you :)

Ben

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

See attached solution.

I'm not sure how you worked out the sales price as 2.5 so I have left you to create that column but it should be fairly straightforward.

I've also used the sample tool to isolate just the data table, of course remove this in the actual solution.

Ben

jonasheise
8 - Asteroid

Thank you!

It definitely got me closer to my goal.

Labels