Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding date to output file name

Nikhil86
7 - Meteor

Hi There, 

I am a beginner to Alteryx, I have a work-flow which is producing 4 different outputs, all in .xlsx format. 

I am trying to add a date to my outfile : 

For instance: My current outfile is abc.xlsx how can I produce abc 02112020.xlsx ? An output file should include today's date each time work-flow is run. 

Any advise or help is much appreciated. 

10 REPLIES 10
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This post might help you. The only change you need to do in the format is replace %Y-%m-%d with %d%m%Y to get the desired date format. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Nikhil86 

Here is a workflow for the task. Always names latest date.

Output:

atcodedog05_0-1604327461100.png

Workflow:

atcodedog05_1-1604327501245.png

Output tool config:

atcodedog05_2-1604327542576.png

Hope this helps 🙂

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

Nikhil86
7 - Meteor

This is actually putting date within the Sheet . I was looking to have the data on my output file name , Maybe I am doing something wrong? 

Output.PNG

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Nikhil86 

Is this my workflow?

Output option should be entire file path

atcodedog05_0-1604328103604.png

Nikhil86
7 - Meteor

FormulaTool.PNGOutPut Tool.PNG

This is how I have configured ! But I am not getting todays date appended to my output file name ie Fixed Income_Upload.xlsx

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Nikhil86 

Can you run this workflow and tell me is it working?

I will definitely help you to fix it.

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Nikhil86 I amended the workflow and from your screenshot you are missing the file/folder location or the output. You need the entire location of the file that is going to be outputted for this method to work. Therefore all of that syntax you masked in red in the screenshot needs to be incorporated with the formula tool with the filename.

Nikhil86
7 - Meteor

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Nikhil86 

Glad to hear it got solved 🙂

You are allowed to mark multiple posts as solution. Since i solved a part of your task (date aprt) and Joseph solved a part of  your task(path part). Can i request you to mark one of my posts as solution.

Happy to help 🙂

Cheers and Happy Analyzing 😀

Labels