Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding column with new data

phoebe_kelley
9 - Comet

Hi, I have two lists of data, UPC and a store list. I want to blend the data so I have one table with a line for each UPC/store. I can't use join because the lists don't have a common column. I feel like I am missing something really easy here... but banging my head against the wall trying to figure it out.

4 REPLIES 4
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@phoebe_kelley,

Try this:  Switch JOIN to APPEND FIELDS tool.

If you have too many Stores, switch the configuration WARNING (at the bottom of the Append Fields configuration panel) to Allow ALL Appends.

You'll get your combinations.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Claje
14 - Magnetar

EDIT: Beaten by @MarqueeCrew!  His answer is basically the same.

Hi,

The Append Fields tool will do exactly what you're looking for here.

One thing to be aware of is that if you have a ton of records in BOTH sets you could run into an issue where you balloon your dataset, however its pretty simple multiplication to figure out how many of those there are (Records in input 1 * Records in input 2).

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Claje,

Beaten is such a strong word.  How about corroborated?

Perhaps @phoebe_kelley will mark both of our answers as solutions :).  They are the same.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
phoebe_kelley
9 - Comet

thanks! That worked perfectly!

Labels