Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Don't forget to submit your entry for the Excellence Awards by October 30! | Need more information about the program? Check out the blog here

Adding check box to excel output?

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

I have a report that I am making auto generated through Alteryx. The only thing I know they'll ask for is some of the "pretty" formatted things in their original "template" they would copy and paste the data into. 

Most of that they can live without, but one of the things they'd be quite keen to see is a checkbox in a few columns.

Is this possible?

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @wmcclure,

Certainly an unusual request! Could you attach an example of the output you're wanting?

Jonathan

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Oh I know it is different, a lot of our use cases is excel outputs that are then worked. Fields have data added such as; commenting, support ticketing numbers added, and check-listing. 

These documents are then stored for reference and oversight review. 

Example of current output and desired in a single column below:

Current

wmcclure_1-1587133743513.png

Desired

wmcclure_0-1587133481834.png

The clip pull and verified correct column are created in the workflow and expressed as null since these would be user filled. 

For data uniformity from the users the past documents had a template of check boxes. 

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

I am in the process of trying this on a file now. I am importing all my data to a tab and have formulas on another tab looking to this tab(this is because I keep getting a corruption error when I click the box to skip field names).  I then right clicked my checkbox in my template and selected format control box.  In the control tab I referenced a cell where my data will output to from my alteryx workflow.  This then flows a TRUE and FALSE to that cell.  I am going to reformat my data to say TRUE and FALSE for the output to that cell which should flow back to that particular control box with a check or unchecked.

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

I was successful after changing the data type to Bool for the normal form checkbox but I am still having issues with it working on the activeX checkbox.  I flowed TRUE and FALSE to cells and linked the checkboxes to the cells.

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Would you mind sharing a workflow and any screenshots of excel to see how you accomplished this?

Labels