Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Adding a table in body in addition to excel attachment

newalteryxuser
5 - Atom

Hi Everyone,

Please see the attached workflow, I am trying to attach the summarise count to the body of the end email that has an excel attachment to it.

That being said I cannot work out how to do this.

Body of Email will be like so:

Hi Team,

Please see attached the most recent Blackhawk Sales Invoice Data. This is for the last 30 days, please filter the desired time required.

[INSERT TABLE OF SUMMARISE DATA]

Kind Regards,

Plus an excel attachment that you can see I have created in the workflow.

Any suggestions would be great. And a rudimentary explanation would be appreciated as I am new to alteryx.

Looking forward to a response. Thank you in advanced.

1 REPLY 1
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Hi,

Two quick question - do you have some sample data you can share?

Second - are you trying to attach the summarize information created at the workflow dead end? I'd add a table to that. Next you have an excel output and second table - do you want the excel file to have this table?

Just so you know the tools you are going to probably need include a:

render - to get the main excel file in table format.

report text - to take in the summarize table.

union - to combine a variety of sources.

BLOCK UNTIL DONE.

assuming you are trying to include a file which you are also creating in the same workflow you have to user either a BUD or a batch macro to control order of operations and make sure the workflow doesn't try to attach a file which is being written to.

Labels