Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding a row for each match between 2 tables

AlexP
5 - Atom

Hi Alteryx community!

I am new to Alteryx and I just hit my first road block.

I am working with a dataset that contains parent and child SKUs, which means that everytime I sale a parent SKU, my inventory reduction is in fact attached to each child SKU­.

I am trying to add a row to my sales dataset for every child SKU.

For example:

Dataset

Parent SKUSales
A10
B15
C20
D5

Parent SKUComponent
AA1
AA2
BB1
DD1
DD2
DD3
DD4

I would like to add a row to my first table for each component. However, sometimes there is no component and the parent SKU is not even in the second table. In that situation, I would define the Parent SKU as Child SKU. For the example above, the combinaison of both tables should be the following:

Final Table

Parent SKUComponentSales
AA1

AA210
BB115
CC20
DD15
DD25
DD35
DD45

Is it something we can do in Alteryx or do I have to do it in Excel?

Thanks,

Alex20

2 REPLIES 2
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This can be achieved with a join tool! See attached for an example.

echuong1_0-1582228684459.png

AlexP
5 - Atom

Hi echuong1,

You're right, it works, except for the Parent SKUs who don't have Component equivalent - Product C in my example.

I guess I can use the Union tool to combine the first extract (L) and the second (J). I would need a select tool between the join tool and the union tool to rename my "Component" column into "SKU" and remove the "Parent SKU" column in order to have 2 columns in each table...

Thank you for your help!

Alex

Labels