Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding a "Batch Number" Record ID to Duplicate Rows

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi all!

I am curious if there is a solution for this problem: I would like to have a "batch number" added to all rows that match one another across the selected fields. For example, based on the fields selected or not selected, a column would be created with a grouping of sorts.

In this case, all 5 fields would be selected so the output would include the bolded column.

First NameLast NameCityStateZipBatch Number
AlexSmithArlingtonVA222071
BillySmithWashingtonDC200082
ElizabethSmithWashingtonDC200083
JeniferSmithBethesdaMD208174

In this other case, only City, State, and Zip would be selected so the output would include the bolded column.

First NameLast NameCityStateZipBatch Number
BillySmithWashingtonDC200082
ElizabethSmithWashingtonDC200082
JeniferSmithBethesdaMD208173

Ideally it may also add an additional column that indicates if the record is a "Duplicate" or "Not a Duplicate", but I figure I could work through that once the batch number is in place. Let me know if I can clarify the ask in any way. Thank you very much, and have a great day!

2 REPLIES 2
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Never mind, I found the answer... the Tile tool! 🙂

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

Hi @alexnajm — Try this solution:

vizAlter_0-1600367552694.png

vizAlter_1-1600367565808.png

Labels