Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding a flag to rows above when value found in one column

heatherreid70
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I have a set of data that is grouped by ticket numbers and each ticket contains various steps (some have more).  I want to flag the rows that come before a specific milestone.

The defining value is Hard Schedule Date, however, within each ticket number, there isn't always a set number of steps before it.  So, I want to flag all rows before hard schedule date

I've attached sample data.

heatherreid70_0-1593032739236.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Heather

7 REPLIES 7
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @heatherreid70 ,

You can do that by a combination of sort + multi-row tool. First I'm ordering the steps in a descending order to help multi-row tool identify the specific step you need and create a flag for all the rows before.

I'm attaching an example here.

fmvizcaino_0-1593039427119.png

Best,

FErnando Vizcaino

heatherreid70
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much, unfortunately, I cannot open the workflow because I'm still using 2019.3.  Would it be possible for you to either downgrade your workflow or explain to me what you need in the formula and the multirow tool?

Thanks!

chinu267
8 - Asteroid

open the YXMD file in Notepad++ and then change the version to whatever is your's and save.

After saving open as usual and it should work

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<AlteryxDocument yxmdVer="2019.4">

In above example you should change 2019.4 to 2019.3 and save the XML file that was open in Notepad

heatherreid70
7 - Meteor

Hi there,

So I tried that and it worked!  However, it's still showing only one tool, so I'm assuming that it wasn't saved after it was created. 😞

heatherreid70_0-1593117155732.png

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @heatherreid70 ,

My bad, I shared my workflow before saving it but I'm sharing the correct one now adapted to your alteryx version alteryx.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

chinu267
8 - Asteroid

Yes there is only one tool. Follow instructions in the previous reply he has given and u should be able to replicate what is there

heatherreid70
7 - Meteor

This is perfect!  thank you so much!  

Labels