Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding a cached tool to a container clears the cache

JohnMaty
9 - Comet

Is this a bug or on purpose?  If you have a tool cached and you move it into or out of a container, the cache clears.

5 REPLIES 5
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@JohnMaty I have confirmed the same thing. I built an Input with a select tool. Ran it, then right clicked and added select tool to container and it indeed got rid of the cache. I also re-cached the workflow and then right clicked and deleted the container only and it got rid of the cache.

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
JohnMaty
9 - Comet

At Inspire this year, I showed it to our presenter and they seemed shocked this happened.  Thats why I thought this was a bug.

darryl5280
10 - Fireball

You have to remember the Container is also a Tool, so when you modify any tool that is cached then Alteryx has clear the cache. 

thedr9wningman
8 - Asteroid

Is there any way to clear the cache on all tools and containers globally? Is there a way to clear a container's cache? This is (bizarre) news to me that tool containers have a caching mechanism.

adriennehealy
5 - Atom

Yep, just lost a workflow that took 15 hours to run.

Labels