Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding a Percent of Total row to table

rc
5 - Atom

I have a table that looks like the attached excel document. 

I want to be able to create the Percent row (in red on the document) and add it to the existing table which has the format as shown.

I am unable to add a percentage of total row in an easy way.

I am unable to share the workflow as it contains information I cannot upload.

Although I was able to get the percent and then used the transpose tool to turn it into a row but the issue is if I add that row to the table I cannot have $ sign in front of the dollar and the % sign after the percentages. 
I can only use either a $ for all numbers in the table (including the ones that are in the percent row) or if I want the % sign then it will show up for the values in the Percent row but all other values in the table show as plain number no $ sign and no 1,000 separator.

Any help is appreciated

5 REPLIES 5
AdamR_AYX
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

How about if you add the dollars and % by hand using a multi-field formula tool?

See the attached.

Adam Riley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/adriley/
rc
5 - Atom

Perfect! Exatly what I was looking for

Thank you for the example

Andy_Katona
8 - Asteroid

I have used the SUMMARIZE tool to create a 2 sums where I need to obtain a percentage of missing. Yet, I can't get the "%" added on the end.

My 1st FORMULA expression is: (1-([Sum_Result Count]/[Sum_Den Count]))*100  <this produces what I expect>

Then I have to utilize SELECT to convert it to a string then to restrict the information returned. Example: 34.345667 to 34.3.

Then I added another FORMULA tool with the following expression: [Missing_A1C_Results]+"%" which in the preview windows shows what I want. Example: 34.3%.

Yet, when I run to the BROWSER it doesn't have the %. at the end shows up as 34.3.

Thank you for your help.

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi Andy,

My first feeling with this would suggest that it may be something to do with the size of the field you are creating. In that it is stuck to 3 characters and therefor you don't get your % suffix.

If you use the formula tool to create a new field and make the size of the field larger does this solve the issue?

I may be well off but just something i'm thinking as I cannot recreate the error otherwise.

Andy_Katona
8 - Asteroid

Ben,

When you stated it could be a field length, I thought that must have been it. Still it didn't work....makes no sense.

Now, I went back & reviewed my formula's again. Here is how I fixed it.

SUMMARIZATION (no changes) --> FORMULA (Changed my formula to: SmartRound((1-([Sum_Result Count]/[Sum_Den Count]))*100)) -->SELECT (Changed length to 6) --> FORMULA (no change) --> BROWSER

The change that correct it was utilizing the "SmartRound". I missed that option yesterday.

Thank you for your inspiration to help me work through the solution.

Labels