Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding a Percent of Total Column

kmooretgt
5 - Atom

I am creating my first workflow to solve a process and I am stuck. For the next part of our process I need to create a percent of total column that would take, in this example, West Virginia's amount divided by the total amount. I do not have another spreadsheet that has this total in every row. Can this be done? 

My next step would be taking a single integer, input from a file, and then multiplying that by the percentage calculated above. I would then get that total by state, and add it to the existing data. 

Any help would be great as this is a core function of what we do and are trying to solve for with Alteryx.

Capture.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@kmooretgt,

If your total row is always "Total" you can use a FILTER tool and append that value to all other rows.  Then use a formula tool to calculate the percentage.  If the total wasn't present, you could use a SUMMARIZE tool to calculate it.

capture.jpg

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
kmooretgt
5 - Atom

This is exactly what I needed! Thank you!

w_chivers
7 - Meteor

Brilliant! Such a clever use of the filter tool. Thanks!

Thank you so much for sharing! I've been looking for this answer for weeks. 🙂

Labels