Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding a Date Range to a Report Header

KmbrlyPC
8 - Asteroid

I have a list of dates that I am needing to turn into a range with "Week of" in front. Would the formula tool work for that?

Then I am needing to add this date range "Week of 5/31/21 - 6/4/21" to my Report Header.

KmbrlyPC_1-1623427626046.png

5 REPLIES 5
markcurry
12 - Quasar

Hi @KmbrlyPC 

If you date is Alteryx date format  YYYY-MM-DD, you can use the formula tool with the following formula to create your date range...

"Week of "
+ DateTimeFormat([Date],"%m/%d/%Y")
+ " - "
+ DateTimeFormat(DateTimeAdd([Date],4,"days"),"%m/%d/%Y")

I'm not too sure what you mean by include the including that in your Report Header, that might depend on what your output is, or if you are using the Reporting tools.  I hope that helps.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @KmbrlyPC 

Your request is somewhat ambiguous.  Can you please provide a screen shot of what the output would look like?

Thanks

Dan

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

hi @KmbrlyPC 

The part about "adding to report header" is somewhat ambiguous. I am guessing here that you want to use the results in the current "date range" column to form the header of another data table.

I suggest you can explore the Dynamic Rename tool which allows you to rename columns by taking inputs from another data stream.

Dawn.

KmbrlyPC
8 - Asteroid

Thank you! This worked. And I was then able to figure out how to add it to the top of my report using the report text and layout.

DataPirate26
10 - Fireball

@KmbrlyPC Hi was looking into your solution. I have a Similar Concerns. 

Is there any way by which I can write the Date Range that I am selecting through the Analytic App in my output File. 

For example : I am selecting the date range from Start date: 1st July 2022 , End Date: 31st July 2022. I want this date to be reflected at the top in my output File. Screenshot attached below. 

Note: I am using render tool to write the Output. Not necessary though a normal output tool can also be used. Can you help me with this ? 

Labels