Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding Subtotals to output after going through Summarize and Crosstab tools.

knobsdog
8 - Asteroid

I need to take data I've run through a summarize and crosstab to get nested rows but on those rows I need a summary subtotal going across the row.  I've attached an example workflow with fake data since my data is sensitive.  It matches the kind of thing I'm looking to do perfectly down to the columns/rows nested summary etc. 

Also is there a way to show the items without an Update Date, showing as null, to the bottom of each section, ie CS, DiPC, etc?

Can anyone figure out how to do this?

Workflow Pic.png

12 REPLIES 12
knobsdog
8 - Asteroid

Hey there sorry to come back after awhile but I worked through the workflow and noticed something I hadn't seen before.  If an item has a name after G, it's pushing Grand Total up b/c the sort is sorting alphabetically.  Is there a way to get Grand Total to stay at the bottom regardless of the names of the other items?  I've reattached the workflow with a couple examples with items starting with H and I that show how they push Grand Total up.

phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@knobsdogThis should do the trick. I added another union tool after the sort tool and selected "Set a Specified Output Order" so the Grand Total will always be added to the bottom. As long as you don't sort again after, this should solve that issue.

knobsdog
8 - Asteroid

That worked, thank you for your help again.

Labels