Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding Macro to Workflow Crashes Alteryx

tobobydoby
6 - Meteoroid

GradeSheet Macro.PNGI just finished creating my first macro. The macro input is configured with a file input, using one of the actual files I will be running in the workflow. When I run the macro by itself everything works great, runs fast, and is happy. It gives me my desired output. When I try to add it to one of my workflows, or even a new workflow with only one input file, it spins in a "Not Responding" phase for about 2 minutes. When it finally responds, and I try to connect the input file I get "Not responding" for several minutes and have to close Alteryx. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

3 REPLIES 3
Inactive User
Not applicable

Try opening the workflow and adding the macro all with the internet connection disabled. Also, for the macro input, try removing the file and use a text input mapping instead.

tobobydoby
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the reply!! I will give it a shot when I get the chance and see if it helps.

ricardocg
6 - Meteoroid

I resolved a similar issue by only using a text input on the macro input. Didn't change my internet connection nor closed any application.

Labels