Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding Group Header Name

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Dear Community,

I would like to ask if we can add the group header name as per screenshot below in the Alteryx.

SH_94_0-1622296591638.png

Could anyone share the workflow or guide me on how to do it in the alteryx?

Many thanks again for your asssistance.

7 REPLIES 7
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @SH_94,

Can you Check this topic? It might be helpful for your problem:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Reporting-tools-How-can-I-create-a-gro...

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @SH_94 

Adding to @Emil_Kos helpful resource here is an example.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1622357015689.png

Output:

atcodedog05_1-1622357039895.png

Procedure:

1. We need to split the tables for each sperate headers. Hence i am filtering columns using select tool and handling them separately. 

2. We need to have a separate table for header and separate table for data. Pass them through table tool and configure the formatting accordingly. For header table tool make sure "show heading" is unchecked since we need only the text and not heading.

3. Using union tool auto config on position and set order of union (header then data). Later send it through layout tool so that it merges into a single report column.

4. Using Join multiple tool performing the positional join and positioning them one next to other.

5. Using layout tool to merge multiple columns into single report column.

6. Using render tool to output.

Hope this helps 🙂

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

Amazing.This is what i am looking for.Thanks a lot for your sharing on the workflow.

I am sorry that i i have additional question to ask as i just notice that i have extra data as per screenshot below which do not need the group name. May i know how can i build the workflow in this case?

SH_94_0-1622361029556.png

Many thanks again for your help.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @SH_94 

As steps as above treat the purple table as blank text header and background set to white.

Output:

atcodedog05_0-1622361634220.png

Hope this helps 🙂

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @atcodedog05,

Great post and great explanation! Big kudos for you!

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

I have one query that would like to clarify with you as i have the error as per screenshot below:

SH_94_0-1622875895519.png

The error sometime appear and sometimes not appearing. I not too sure what is the reason behind on this. Could you please advise me on this if you know any idea about this?

This is the overall view on the workflow for creating the group header name which is quite a lot. Could it be the reason of causing the error?

SH_94_1-1622876045074.png

Many thanks for your help again.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @SH_94 

First time seeing the error not sure why 😶

Labels