Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding 12 months on top of each table?

Carluccio555
9 - Comet

I have 2 sets of 55 tables multi-joined by record, I have the tables set to not show column headings which are as follows:

Carluccio555_0-1669275302006.png

I have entered the above as a singl e row in a text input tool

:What is the best approach to add this as a heading to all of my 55 tables which are joined, Ive also added a layout after the join.  Just need to get these darn month headings on top.

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
KrishnaChithrathil
11 - Bolide

@Carluccio555 

you need to add the above given as a header to another table?

DenisZ
11 - Bolide

You could union them together, make sure to attach this text field first, then the other data. Then use the dynamic rename and choose "Take field names from first row of data" 

DenisZ_0-1669278859087.png

Hope this helps

Carluccio555
9 - Comet

I dont think union will work because im using layouts. FOr some reason my month headings don't appear in the output

There are 2 layouts with 55 records each, I use the multijoin and they sit on top of each other how i want.

Carluccio555_0-1669307273303.png

I have the Text Input tool month headings and also attach to a layout tool, but it doesnt appear in the output. I think I need to create 55 headings and join by record maybe?

I like the flexibility of the headings being separate so I can rearrange tables how I need and then put the months on top. WHat is the best way?

Carluccio555
9 - Comet

Thought this would be simple but it's telling me I found a bug when I try to join 55 headings on top of my tables!

Carluccio555_1-1669308993045.png

The grey circled layouts are linked to a table tool each with 55 table records, I join them with the multijoin and remove table headings.

Now the red circled layout is linked to a text input tool with 55 records of 'Jan, Feb, Mar et etc'.

The bug has occured when I try to multi-join by record the month headings to the other joined layouts

Carluccio555
9 - Comet

Here is the solution I came up with:

Basically I had to make the headings in a table with the same number of records as my layouts, then use a mutijoin by record

Carluccio555_0-1669312251000.png

Labels