Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Add the time to a date field

oracleoftemple
9 - Comet

This one should be pretty easy, but I can't quite find the right response already in a Community discussion.  I have two fields.  One is a DateTime format with zeroes for hours, minutes and seconds, e.g. 2021-04-25 00:00:00.  The other field is a Time format with hours, minutes, and seconds, e.g., 19:11:10.  I just want to add the hours, minutes and seconds in the Time field to the DateTime fields so I end up with 2021-04-25 19:11:10.  Thanks for the assist!!!

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

probably an easier way but try this:

datetimeparse(datetimeformat(tostring([mydatefield]),"%Y-%m-%d")+tostring([my time field]),"%Y-%m-%d%H:%M:%S")

included an extra "%" after the M so corrected above and here (slightly different field names below)

datetimeparse(datetimeformat(tostring([date]),"%Y-%m-%d")+ tostring([time]),"%Y-%m-%d%H:%M:%S")

and one more:

ToDateTime(tostring([date])+" "+tostring([time]))

I know that looks easier... but that's only if you remember to include the space in between the date and the time...

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @oracleoftemple 

Here is a formula on how you can do it.

datetimeparse(datetimeformat([Date],"%Y-%m-%d")+ [time],"%Y-%m-%d%H:%M:%S")

Workflow:

atcodedog05_1-1622743967487.png

datetimeparse(

datetimeformat([Date],"%Y-%m-%d")            // Taking only date from datetime format

+ [time]                                                           // Concating time value

,"%Y-%m-%d%H:%M:%S")                            // Converting it to datetime

Hope this helps 🙂

Labels