Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Add summed rows to the bottom of a balance sheet

jalizmaldonado
8 - Asteroid

Hi, first of all, I'm starting to wonder if I deserve an alteryx license. I am having such a hard time. 

I'm in the process of trying to understand how to add the appropriate data into the credit column and finish adding the total sum to the bottom of the appropriate columns.

I tried using if [G/L Categories] = "60200 Salaries & Benefit : Employee Benefits" then tonumber([Debit]) else 0 endif, as recommended on a previous post but I keep getting zero for this specified field.

Then I totaled the rows in debit and credit but now I'm trying to remember how to add them on the bottom of the appropriate columns.

Attached I have a screenshot of what the balance sheet is supposed to look like, the data set from my workflow and the workflow.

JE Help.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jalizmaldonado,

In order to add some kind of data at the bottom of your data you need to use the union tool. 

jalizmaldonado
8 - Asteroid

Thank you. I added the totals to the appropriate columns. 

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jalizmaldonado,

Great to hear that. 🙂 

I see that the union tool helped you with your problem. 

jalizmaldonado
8 - Asteroid

As recommended, I've unioned the data and add the debit/credit totals to the correct columns. Please see attached.

Labels