Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Add rows of information at the top of the output

Gr4c3Sult
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I need to add rows of information to the top of my output.  The output must be in csv and the original headers need to under the information added plus a space in-between.  I tried using a text tool with the information that needs to be added to the top and then used the union tool to put the information at the top, but the original field names stayed at the top. This will eventually be published to our server. I have attached the desired output file and the current output file.  

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Grace

3 REPLIES 3
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Gr4c3Sult,

I think the issue you will come across is for it to be a valid CSV file you will need the same number of headers as columns in the CSV and you cant have empty column names. 

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Gr4c3Sult, you just need to extract the field names and then union. Also, on the output tool make sure to uncheck the option 4 First Row Contains Field Names.

gabrielvilella_0-1655391783275.png

Gr4c3Sult
8 - Asteroid

@gabrielvilella 

It worked perfectly!! Thank you so much for the help and quick response!! :)

Labels