Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Add or Remove Columns based on Input Table

JoseHerrera
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I am looking to make a workflow that based on an input table can add or delete columns in the final outputs. The columns may be strings, data or intergers.

Any ideas on how I can start? I already try to use the Dynamic Select tool but I wasn't able to do it.

I am attaching an example of input and what I am expecting as the output. I am hoping I can split the output to 3 different tables.

Thanks for the help

Input Table

RowABCD
1YesNoYesNo
2NoYesNoNo
3NoYesYesYes

Outputs

AC

B

BCD
4 REPLIES 4
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@JoseHerrera 
Make a simple flow, please give a try and see if this is what you want. If you do, give a mark, thanks.joseherrera.PNG

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @JoseHerrera 

If i have understood the ask correctly, i have created a batch macro that does this perfectly.

here is the data that is input:

TheOC_0-1602289375304.png

And here what is output, an output file for each row:

TheOC_1-1602289397117.png
in the same format you asked:

TheOC_2-1602289422257.png

Attached is the macro, this is what it looks like:

TheOC_3-1602289440643.png

Now you will have to change the directory of the output file within this macro, and then save it, so your workflow can run it. I currently have it saving to a specific folder on my drive. I did try to have this dynamically, but as the macro is saved elsewhere, the output will just be dynamic to where the macro file is. If this is a requirement for you though, i'm happy to spend some more time looking at it.

Simply import the macro into a workflow, drag your rows of data in to both input streams, and then make sure to set the choose field within the questions tab to row:

TheOC_4-1602289625006.png

Any questions let me know!

Bulien
JoseHerrera
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for your reply, but it is not what I was looking for.

JoseHerrera
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for your answer works great

Labels