Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Add new field with Date

wendyzjy
8 - Asteroid

hello experts!

I would like to change filed with the update period name, for example, in August, I want to change the name with "July 2022", and once I am in September, and when I run the workflow, I want to change the column name as "August 2022". The month and year should update month over month. Please help advise. Thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@wendyzjy 
We can use the DateTimeNow function to get the current date, then do some calculation and formatting.

0829-wendyzjy.PNG

wendyzjy
8 - Asteroid

This could be a solution, but I actually would like to change the column name only but not the field values. Should I should Multi-Row Tool? 

Amol_Telore
11 - Bolide

Hey @wendyzjy 

You can use dynamic rename tool to rename field name using formula as per your needs. Hope this solves your concern.

Amol_Telore_0-1661754799454.png

liwagab
6 - Meteoroid

using datetimenow() function in the formula tool should complete your requirement

output would be dynamic based on the month you are running the workflow.

liwagab_0-1661755675773.png

wendyzjy
8 - Asteroid

Thanks!

Labels