Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Add multiple filters to one filter

dberroth
8 - Asteroid

Hello - I know there have been multiple posts regarding this question but I am not having any luck. I am trying to do all these filters in one job. The one filter that is blank is CRM FRISK is null. Everything I'm trying is not working. any direction would be much appreciated.

clipboard_image_1.png

15 REPLIES 15
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@dberroth 

I could be mistaken on what exactly it is you're asking for help on, but if the question is if you can consolidate the expression used in each filter into one, the expression below could be used

![Total AR Balance]
AND [%] >= 40
AND [FSS] <= 20
AND ISNULL([CRM FRISK])
AND NOT [Risk Category] IN("MISFRT","YARD","FLIP","CARREP")

For the last 4 Filters, I use a NOT operator with the IN clause.

If I did misunderstand the question, can you clarify?

Jimmy
Teknion Data Solutions 

DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@dberroth Would you be able to attach a sample dataset? It would help us understand the workflow better.

Digan
Alteryx
dberroth
8 - Asteroid

@jrgo you have the right idea of what I'm trying to do. I'm basically trying to clean up this flow so it looks more presentable and clean. The statement you gave me makes sense, but now I'm not getting any data. All records are coming out as false. Any ideas? Your formula makes sense to me. 

dberroth
8 - Asteroid

The formula I'm using now is below. I only need the total AR balance greater than 50000. I took what was given earlier in this post and added the >50000. Doesn't make sense to me why this wouldn't work and only come back with falses after these same filters shown in my original post works.

![Total AR Balance] > 50000
AND [%] >= 40
AND [FSS] <= 20
AND ISNULL([CRM FRISK])

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@dberroth 

Remove the ! From the first field. I was curious to the reasoning for it in your original example, but based off your change it’s not logical in that context.

[Total AR Balance] > 50000
AND [%] >= 40
AND [FSS] <= 20
AND ISNULL([CRM FRISK])

dberroth
8 - Asteroid

So this is what I'm using now...

AND [%] >= 40
AND [FSS] <= 20
AND ISNULL([CRM FRISK])

I am now getting this error...

dberroth_0-1571838571396.png

The formula makes sense and reads correctly, I'm kind of at a loss here

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@dberroth 

Apologies... I wrote the last condition incorrectly putting the NOT in the wrong place.

Should be

AND [%] >= 40
AND [FSS] <= 20
AND ISNULL([CRM FRISK])
AND [Risk Category] NOT IN("MISFRT","YARD","FLIP","CARREP")

dberroth
8 - Asteroid

No need to apologize! I'm just a newbie trying to learn! My last question 🙂 Is there a way to tie the trues and falses into one worksheet on different sheets? So I want the true's on one sheet and the falses on another in one document?

dberroth_0-1571840361733.png

dberroth
8 - Asteroid

I added a block to this, but now it seems the filter stopped working. 400 trues and 400 falses are coming out on both sheets now. Is this a formatting issue?

dberroth_0-1571841984729.png

Labels