Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Add manual header row with merged cells

ajstew61
5 - Atom

I am looking to add a manual header row above my data output that will span multiple columns below it. 

For example, I have columns on my output labeled as Plan, Actual, Plan, Actual.  Above that I want to have two columns, the first one called Induction and the second Shipment, each spanning two columns.  Is this possible?

2 REPLIES 2
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @ajstew61

Are you looking to do this in a plain data stream or in the context of a reporting table?

Reason for asking is that there's an active unsolved thread on the reporting table version (raised by @jgreene here that you can add to https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Publishing-Gallery/Column-sub-headings-in-reporting-Table-tool/m-p/... )

If you're looking to change the headers on regular old data stream - this is not possible since Alteryx treats every data column as an independant entity (i.e. no way to treat a column as having a column category and child category).

If you're looking to output this to Excel, there may be a way programatically.

so - depending on what you're trying to do, there's a few solution paths.

If you reply to this thread with a basic workflow containing a sample of your input data (you can mock it up if you're worried about corporate intellectual property), and the output you're hoping for - then the community can help to solve or confirm if there is a solution.   Have a look at the way that @JoeM structures his weekly challenges to get an idea of what I mean (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/bd-p/weeklychallenge) - this will really help the community to get you to a solution in the quickest possible time.

Cheers

Sean

ajstew61
5 - Atom

Sean,

The other unsolved thread is exactly what I am looking for, so it looks like I will need to wait until the report tool is enhanced (as eluded to in that post).  Thank you for the response.

- Andy

Labels