Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Add coordinates for a ZIP where we have same coordinate for other ZIPs in the same City

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm trying to replace the nulls in Longitude & Latitude for ZIP codes that belong to same City, where I already have coordinates for the City (as other ZIPs in same city)

Up to now I could only partially solve it by checking if a value exists in the Row+1 or Row-1. 

But it has to be a different solution, because I still end up with Nulls where the ZIP code is not one in a certain order.

Capture.jpg Capture2.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Inactive User 

If the same city that have different postal code is the same Lat/Lon, you can Join tool.

1.Make City List by Summarize tool.
2.Join at Key Field that is City
3.Fill the Null or Unselect Old Lon/Lat

AkimasaKajitani_0-1607739177068.png

Input:

AkimasaKajitani_1-1607739196760.png

Output:

AkimasaKajitani_2-1607739210909.png

City List:

AkimasaKajitani_3-1607739364742.png

Inactive User
Not applicable

How about in case I have København K, København C, København K , København N but only Coordinates for one of them, let's say København C?

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Inactive User 

For the data you presented, I would create the following workflow.

AkimasaKajitani_0-1607749039115.png

1. Split fields by space character at Text to Columns tool

AkimasaKajitani_1-1607749157586.png

2.Make City List by Summarize tool.

3. Join at Key Field that is "1"

Do you have the other similar case in your data?

If there are few patterns, you can create only a few logics.

Inactive User
Not applicable

Yes, there are quite a few variations of some Cities with different ZIPs but your 2nd solution should do the trick to add same coordinates as one of the variations.

Inactive User
Not applicable

Labels