Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Add additional date column with only business days

sagar_agarwal
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I have a dataset in which I have the month & year column. I want to add 2 additional columns for date - one with business days for that month & other column with regular dates. Giving an example screenshot below. If the number of records for a particular month is more than number of business days / regular days, I would want the days to repeat (in a round robin like fashion, starting again from the first business day / regular day).

Would really appreciate some help on this. Thanks.

Add business days.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
pcatterson
11 - Bolide

Do you mean like this?

sagar_agarwal
8 - Asteroid

Hi - Yes exactly like this. Except that I don't want the dates to keep on adding.

I have approx 100,000 rows for each month. So for "All Days" column, I want the number to repeat something like "1,2,3,4,....31,1,2,3,4,.....31...and so on"

Similarly for business days, it should be something like "1,2,3,4,5,8,....22,1,2,3,4,5,8,...22...." and so on.

The idea is that my data did not had any day field, so I am trying to evenly distribute the rows for a month across the date range of "All Days" & "Business Days". I hope I could explain my requirement.

pcatterson
11 - Bolide

Ah, a different question.  You want to evenly assign the data a number from 1 through 21 for Business Days and 1 through 31 for All Days.  Is that right?

sagar_agarwal
8 - Asteroid

Perfect - thank you very much. I had to combine this even assignment with the weekend logic you shared earlier to get what I really wanted. Thank you very much! :)

Labels