Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Add a blank row at the top

rafatomillero
7 - Meteor

Hi,

How do I add a blank row at the top as the line in Light Blue in the screenshot below?

rafatomillero_0-1662639706936.png

Many thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

In your workflow, add a text input tool with 1 empty row and union it to the rest of your workflow. Make sure the order is right to get it on top :-). 

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @rafatomillero,

The configuration may differ depending on where you want the table headers to appear but the general approach to this is to use union your data with a table with a blank line in it:

IraWatt_0-1662640003928.png

Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

Obviously, the English guys have a solution within 3 minutes on the community pages @IraWatt ;-) 

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

🤣 @Sebastiaandb it the top community for a reason 😆 

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

Hi @rafatomillero ,

Find attached one way of doing this automatically with a sample of data.

It works no matter how many columns you have.

Let me know if there is an issue.

Emmanuel_G_0-1662640564214.png

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@rafatomillero , Here is how you can add a blank row above your dataset. Please do accept my solution if it was useful.

Sapna Gupta
Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

Simple and efficient solution @IraWatt 

rafatomillero
7 - Meteor

I did it @Sebastiaandb but it takes the previous first row (EUR/USD) as a header, which is what I don't want. The reason I need to add a blank row is to rename the column to Currency.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@rafatomillero if you could provide an example input dataset and how you want it too look at the end that would be useful to help understand your task. From what I gather you want to move the table down one and apply a new header, this setup may be what your looking for:

IraWatt_0-1662641865176.png

Labels