Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Add a Text Box/Notes to a Container or Workflow?

djodts
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Is there a way to add notes to a container or a text box in a workflow as notes/documentation?  I am going to have several containers that will be near exact copies, but some will have slight alterations and I'd like to add notes for future reference so a future user (or myself) will be able to identify which containers have the alterations and which do not.  Not looking to enter it in the container caption but a floating note if possible.

Any ideas?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @djodts you can use a comment to add annotations. 

Comment.PNG

You can also on any tool by selecting the annotation button in the tool configuration add in annotations as well if you require.

Annotations.PNG

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @djodts 

The Comment tool on the Documentation palette is available for you to use.  You can drop one anywhere on the canvas to add notes.  There's no way to anchor it to a specific control, though, so if you move the control, you'll have to move the comment manually.

Dan

djodts
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @JosephSerpis  and @danilang 

I completely overlooked the Documentation section.  I wish I could pretend that I didn't ask this question, but hope it's helpful to someone else as well 🙂

Thanks again!

jerewatson
5 - Atom

If you only knew how many are NOT feeling your pain because you asked the question first. lol

Labels