Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Add a New Row

ebledsoe22
8 - Asteroid

Hello. I am working on an apportionment template. I need to add an information only row into my data. What is the best way to do this? Below is a screenshot of my desired format. The row I want to add is the total row with "AL000000".

ebledsoe22_0-1666967325954.png

8 REPLIES 8
gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hey @ebledsoe22 

Is something like this what you are looking for? 

gautiergodard_0-1666968853939.png

ebledsoe22
8 - Asteroid

Yes, would I need to add your complete workflow to mine or is there a specific piece that I would need to extract?

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

@ebledsoe22 You can take my workflow and just switch out the text input i used, with your full data set included on your screenshot.

If you need to add totals for the rest of your columns, you'll just need to update the summarize tool as well and "sum" all the other columns included in your screenshot. Once those additional totals are calculated, you can rename those calculations directly in the summarize tool.

gautiergodard_0-1666970224086.png

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions.

ebledsoe22
8 - Asteroid

I see. So there isn't a simpler "add a row function" like there is for columns?

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hey @ebledsoe22 

You could probably also do it using a combination of generate rows + mutli row formula tools.

Attaching another way to do which is more dynamic - this is what I would use.

ebledsoe22
8 - Asteroid

Thank you! I appreciate your time and assistance.

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

@ebledsoe22 Kindly accept the post which answered your question so that others can refer more directly to the solution in the future :) 

ebledsoe22
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for your help. I decided to add record numbers to each row and sort them in an ascending fashion to get the rows in the order that I needed them.

Labels