Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Add Table Name Directly Above and to the Side of Each Table

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Report format question.  Sample workflow attached.

Question 1:  Table Name on Top of Table, Not 2 Rows Above

Tables are grouped by H1.  H1 is the name of each table.  I want to position H1 as a table name across each table.  The default options almost get you there.  It places the H1 above each table, BUT it places it 1 row above the actual table.   How can I get it to look like the image below - note H1 above each table with green background. 

Question 2: Also Add Table Name to the Left of Each Table

Add H1 to the left of each table.  Need to have a column user can filter against in Excel to filter tables.  This is in addition to Question 1.  Not depicted in image. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 12.33.07 PM.png

4 REPLIES 4
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @hellyars 

For your Q1:

It appears that the format is actually showing up the same in both your image and the report output.

Capture.PNGScreen Shot 2021-02-05 at 12.33.07 PM.png

When you compare them side by side, the H1 column is above the data column on both, what change are you trying to make?

As for your Q2, you can add your H1 data back into the report, so that people can search on the H1 column based on what they need!

Thanks,
TrevorS

Community Moderator
hellyars
13 - Pulsar

@TrevorS   The screenshots might not be the best.  Look at the workflow's output.  Alteryx inserts an empty row between the header (title of the table) and the actual table. It's an odd placement and the inability to do anything about is highly frustrating.  And, it seems odd that you just can't check a box to automatically include the title for each table.  The report generation tools feel so 1999. 

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Its hard to see, but the extra row is in the first image and not in the second image where the title site directly above the table.

TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @hellyars 

I talked this over with some other super users and got the following information:

You may be able to utilize the Layout Tool, after the Report Text Tool, configured in a vertical orientation. There will be no row between the header and the tables. There will be a row between the table and the next header, but if you don't want that, configure the Render Tool's Separator to have no spacing between the records.
Having the Layout Tool configured to horizontal orientation will also provide the ability to have the header to the left of the table.

I hope this helps!
Thanks,
TrevorS
Community Moderator
Labels