Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Add Date Field With Static Value

LMBC
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Alteryx Community!  

I want to add a new date column to my data with a static date of "08-05-2022"

What I have tried:

I used a formula to create a new column using the DateTimeNow() function - that returns the current date.  In that function I also added "08-05-2022" but that failed as a valid date. 

I have to change this date each month, so I'm looking for the most efficient way to create the column with the new data update date each month. 

Many thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @LMBC,

The Alteryx date format is yyyy-MM-dd. Try putting "2022-05-08" instead:

IraWatt_0-1660052893768.png

How do you want to make this dynamic does it have to change to the 8th of each month when the date is past the 8th?

LMBC
6 - Meteoroid

@IraWatt The date will be different each month and the stakeholder wants to capture the date of the file refresh.  Thank you for responding! 

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@LMBC you can capture whenever the workflow is run using the datetimenow() function

IraWatt_0-1660069295990.png

If your interested in learning more about the datetime functions there is a great cheat sheet Blog here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/DateTime-Functions-Cheat-Sheet/ba-p/844353 

If its a randomly day each month with no logic then the only way to automate that would be with an Alteryx App in which a user could input the day for that month.

Labels