Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Add Analytic App to Macro

JennyRuns24
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

My macro is designed to transfer files from one folder to another. Is there a way for me to add an analytical application to this so that anyone can open and run it? Or any other option that would allow this? Thank you

JennyRuns24_0-1663570794436.png

10 REPLIES 10
FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Hey @JennyRuns24,

you can't make a Makro into an app, as there can't be any user Input for a macro. You can make a regular app and include the Macro in the Workflow of the app. 

But having an app instead of a macro won't change who is able to use your workflow. 

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @JennyRuns24 

What do you mean when you say anyone open and run it?

You want to build an app interface, so they can select the source and the destination path?

JennyRuns24
8 - Asteroid

Hello, 

I was wondering if anyone could run this macro without having Alteryx. Is that a possibility?

JennyRuns24
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I wasn't looking to convert it, but to allow someone to run this without having Alteryx. 

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

@JennyRuns24, do you have the product Alteryx Server?

If you have, yes you can. Without it, the user will need to have Alteryx installed.

JennyRuns24
8 - Asteroid

Yes, I do have Alteryx Server. Do you know where I can find an example of the set-up?

JennyRuns24
8 - Asteroid

Yes, I do have Alteryx Server. Do you know where I can find an example of something like this? Thanks again!

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

@JennyRuns24 take a look at the attached workflow, it is a analytic app that provides a interface so the user can select the source and the destination of files to move.

MoveFiles.gif

When you upload a app to Alteryx Gallery and share it with some user (with the required role), the user can execute the app through the Gallery interface.

If the provided answer helped you to solve the problem/was correct, please accept it as a solution :)

Thanks.

JennyRuns24
8 - Asteroid

Thank you!!

Labels