Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Active User Workflow

Link86
8 - Asteroid

Hello! I administer a group with many licenses. I would like to develop a workflow that will pull down my active licensed users and tell me when they last used the program. Is there a way to do this? I know I can pull users in Gallery from the MongoDB but I am not seeing the information regarding if they have an active license or not.

Thank you in advance for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Link86 

One thing that we've done is pulled tool usage information from Mongo. If someone is dropping tools on the canvas, not only do they have an active license, they are also an active user. We compare that against a list of who has downloaded Alteryx to determine "viewer only" users.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers!

Esther

Link86
8 - Asteroid

This is actually brilliant and can actually help in another area I have been wanting to build out. I would love to have a workflow that shows me what users are using since I lead a user group. Having this information can help me tailor my meetings. The downside is I have no idea where this data is stored or how I would go about extracting. Do you by chance have any advice for how I can go about making this? Do you have an example workflow that I am able to peruse to see how it's done?

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Link86 

Actually this is something you may ask alteryx.

In our case, the agency, or alteryx sends us monthly report on user activities logs.

you will be able to find out how many Run command that the user clicked on what time.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Link86 ,

I agree with @estherb47 , this is exactly what I'm doing with one of my client who has 28,000 gallery users. Use the MongoDB input tool and use the credentials that are set up in the server config, this will give you access to all users, IDs, usage stats etc.:

mceleavey_0-1622205089563.png

mceleavey_1-1622205158951.png

mceleavey_3-1622205264372.png

M.

Bulien

Labels