Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Activating License Key

Dhanyamj
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have a license key, but when I try to activate is gives me two options

1. Move all licenses 

2. Activate new seat

Neither of it is working. 

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
VianneyM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Dhanyamj,

Where are you trying to activate the license? within the Designer or the flexera portal?

Best,

Vianney

Best,
Vianney
Dhanyamj
7 - Meteor

Hi @Vianney M 

Inside Alteryx Designer

Dhanyamj
7 - Meteor

Thanks for your reply, 

I get the following error when I select Move all licenses.

Regards,

Dhanya

VianneyM
Alteryx
Alteryx

hi @Dhanyamj,

It looks like the licenses that you have is active already on another machine

Is there any chance that the license that you currently want to install on this computer you (or your colleagues) have use it before on another computer?

If that is the case, you first need to deactivate the license of the old machine (or where you don't want to use it anymore) 

https://help.alteryx.com/licensing/current/Manage/SnippetTopics/DeactivateLicense.htm

Let me know if you have any questions

Best,

Vianney

Best,
Vianney
Dhanyamj
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Should I login in to my old machine and deactivate it? 

If I do so will I be able to use the same key into my current machine to activate Alteryx?

The Lincense key is valid till June 2020.

Thanks,

VianneyM
Alteryx
Alteryx

that is correct, you need to login into the old machine and deactivate it.

Then that same licence key can be used on a new computer 

Best,

Vianney

Best,
Vianney
beibeiperez
5 - Atom

Hello! My old laptop where I initially used the license key was re-format and not accessible anymore, how will I be able to deactivate that and use the license key to my new one?

JoyJA
5 - Atom

Hello,

I have a similar issue. I activated my license key to use the alteryx designer. I want to use the predictive tool but I'm prompted to enter the license key again. I do this but it's saying another it's being used by another machine. I've used it on only this system. What do I do?

I have the same problem, could you fix it?
Labels