Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Action tools with the Sharepoint List Input

JSNelson08
8 - Asteroid

All,

I have processes that are using the Sharepoint List Input tool from the Gallery to retrieve list records in flows.  So as not to share credentials, we have set up the List Input tool in a macro that has all the info passed into it (Version, URL, Username, PW, List, View) and the results come out the other end.  What we have noticed is that when using this method, the process returns data from the Default View on the list regardless of the view name requested.  I assume this has to do with the way the list tool cascades information through the tool (URL and Creds return drop down for Lists, and lists retrieve options for Views).  

An option we have tried is using REST API calls, but something isn't working right on our server in regards to the NTLM Authentication that sharepoint utilizes.

Does anyone have a way around the problem of the list ignoring the requested view and returning only the default view?

Thanks

Joe

1 REPLY 1
hroderick-thr
11 - Bolide

From doing similar shelling of the publish to tableau server tool, I learned the internal name of the target was needed, not the friendly name you see on web pages.

Labels