Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Action tool is not updating data range value

tanja90
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I have a simple analytic app that reads dates from input file. Using action tool I'm passing Start and End date to filter the datasets. But it seems action tool is not updating value in filter tool and as result there is no output. I don't know what am i missing here?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Please use "Custom filter" at Filter tool.

When you use "Simple filter", the Action tool doesn't show the overwrite stuff correctly.

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @tanja90 ,

The configuration seems fine to me. Can you make sure that you have configured your app to show the results of the browse tool, once the app runs successfully?

You can do that though your interface designer, in the cog-like icon where you should have the Browse tool checkbox checked as shown below.

Screenshot 2020-11-24 141651.jpg

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

The simple filter works fine for me @AkimasaKajitani 

Screenshot 2020-11-24 141956.jpg

Are you aware that this is the case in a particular Designer version? There might be a bug we can report.

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @AngelosPachis 

I make the workflow to test filtered numbers, but there is no place to rewrite in the filter tool.

AkimasaKajitani_0-1606228290349.png

But I tried some times, I realized that I should choose the "Operand - value".

Oh, I mistake...

I have learned new things.

Thank you @AngelosPachis!

tanja90
7 - Meteor

Hi @AngelosPachis@AkimasaKajitani ,

Thank you a lot and i'll accept both answers as solution.

In this example @AngelosPachis  you were right, i didn't configure browser tool so i wasn't able to see results.

But your answer @AkimasaKajitani helped me with a another workflow , and changing to Custom filter helped.

Cheers!  

Labels