Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Action Update Value works with Filter, but not with Filter In-DB

EricSpeicher
6 - Meteoroid

In my workflow, a Date interface tool, with an Action to Update Value works with a Filter, but does not work with a Filter In-DB.  I would rather use the Filter In-DB, to avoid 100K+ records that I do not need being put into the Alteryx data stream.

In the error message, reduced to relevant portion:

There were errors:

Filter In-DB (19): Error opening "WITH "Tool8_6ab5" AS (Select
...<connection select statement> ) SELECT * FROM "Tool8_6ab5"
WHERE "ReturnDate" = 2018-11-30": No Columns Returned.

2018-11-30 is the correct date, changed in the Filter In-DB to the value selected during Run As Analytic App, form the default date.

The same date returns records when used via Filter.

Let me know if any additional information would be helpful.

3 REPLIES 3
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Can you send a printscreen of your action to update the filter, it's likely to be a small issue with this.

If you look at your statement in the error...

WHERE "ReturnDate" = 2018-11-30"

You don't have opening qoutes in the date, and therefor the statement is malformed.

Ben 

EricSpeicher
6 - Meteoroid

Ben,

Thank you for your solution, I saw the SQL was mal-formatted, but with you pointing it out, I added activating, "Replace a specific string", selecting the value and eliminating the single quotes.  This is now working.

screen - Action.png

Eric

abell_dt
7 - Meteor

In a scenario like this, is there a reason why I can't update the entire expression in the in DB tool. It only lets you update the field, operator, or operand, individually

Labels