Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Action Tool - Update with Formula

Mario36
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I require assistance on the Action Tool. I have a Data Interface tool to provide my 'As of Date' and another action tool which should pick the date from the Data Interface Tool and subtract 5 years from it. Also, another Action tool to subtract 10 years from the 'As Of Date'. I am struggling to use the 'Update Value with Formula' option.

Please note that this data is used as an input to an API.

Mario36_0-1623702238658.png

5 REPLIES 5
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Mario36 
Maybe something like this?

😁

Capture2A.PNG

Mario36
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu , This  can be achieved on the formula tool, but I am looking for it to be configured on the Action Tool as this Date -10 years and -5 Years are required as an input to an API Connector macro. The connection to change this can be accomplished only via an action tool.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Mario36 ,

I've updated your action tools and added another.

I think this is what you're after. I've set the "As of Date" to be the selection, and the subsequent dates to be -5 and -10 years from that date.

Hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

Mario36
8 - Asteroid

@mceleavey  Thank You. This is exactly what i wanted.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

no problem.gif

Bulien

Labels