Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Acquiring / writing files to UNC paths - username & password

johnyd01
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

After some assistance please - I can't see that this issue has come up before, although if I'm honest, I find that hard to believe.

I have an Alteryx workflow - I need the workflow to acquire data from a server share that is on a different domain than the Alteryx server.  The workflow will also write to a server on a different domain.

While I can see where to enter the UNC path of the source and destination folders, I'm unable to work out where I can enter the username and password.  I would expect to be able to enter something along the lines of:

\\10.10.10.10\sourcedata\file.txt

Username: <domain>\<username>

Password: <password.

Any ideas from anyone?  Appreciate the feedback.

Cheers,

John.

3 REPLIES 3
adm510
11 - Bolide

I would use the run command and execute a "net use" command to map a drive with your credentials before attempting to access it in Alteryx.  This will map the folder to the drive W: of course you can change it to something else.  The second command allows you to delete the drive mapping, it doesn't actually delete the folder.

net use w: \\10.10.10.10\sourcedata /user:<username>@<domain> <password>

net use w: /delete
johnyd01
7 - Meteor

Hey Fireball...

It's when I see such simple solutions, I'm reminded of how inadequate I am.

Thank you for your feedback.  So simple.

Cheers,

John. 

annamalaimoorthy
8 - Asteroid

Hi @adm510  - This approach works only in designer. When I publish it to the Alteryx server, it does not work. Any leads on how to make this work when publishing to server. 

Thanks 

Annamalai

Labels