Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Acquiring / writing files to UNC paths - username & password

johnyd01
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

After some assistance please - I can't see that this issue has come up before, although if I'm honest, I find that hard to believe.

I have an Alteryx workflow - I need the workflow to acquire data from a server share that is on a different domain than the Alteryx server.  The workflow will also write to a server on a different domain.

While I can see where to enter the UNC path of the source and destination folders, I'm unable to work out where I can enter the username and password.  I would expect to be able to enter something along the lines of:

\\10.10.10.10\sourcedata\file.txt

Username: <domain>\<username>

Password: <password.

Any ideas from anyone?  Appreciate the feedback.

Cheers,

John.

3 REPLIES 3
adm510
11 - Bolide

I would use the run command and execute a "net use" command to map a drive with your credentials before attempting to access it in Alteryx.  This will map the folder to the drive W: of course you can change it to something else.  The second command allows you to delete the drive mapping, it doesn't actually delete the folder.

net use w: \\10.10.10.10\sourcedata /user:<username>@<domain> <password>

net use w: /delete
johnyd01
7 - Meteor

Hey Fireball...

It's when I see such simple solutions, I'm reminded of how inadequate I am.

Thank you for your feedback.  So simple.

Cheers,

John. 

annamalaimoorthy
8 - Asteroid

Hi @adm510  - This approach works only in designer. When I publish it to the Alteryx server, it does not work. Any leads on how to make this work when publishing to server. 

Thanks 

Annamalai

Labels