Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Accidentally Selected Typical Instead of Advanced Installation

SabrinaW
5 - Atom

I installed and registered my Alteryx Designer before I saw the video that instructed us to choose the advanced installation instead of the typical installation. Is there an easy way to fix this? I haven't entered my license key in yet. I didn't receive that in my email until the next day. Thanks very much.

6 REPLIES 6
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @SabrinaW 

You can always uninstall Alteryx Designer and then reinstall it with different installation options selected if you wanted to install it to a different location for example. If your company specifically requires you to follow certain steps in your installation it may be best to go to your programs installed on your computer, uninstall Alteryx Designer, and then run the installer again following the steps outlined. 

SabrinaW
5 - Atom

Thanks, Brandon. Is there any issue with leave-behinds if I try to uninstall via Control Panel? I also see an option to install just the Non Admin Predictive Tools. Would that give me the same thing? My concern is that I already registered with the original download. I'm not sure if that makes a difference with the license or not?

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I would recommend just reinstalling, and the install will remove anything conflicting. In this case, you will not need to worry about transferring you license, as it will transfer with the reinstall!

But, yeah there would be no problem with uninstalling through control panel - add and remove programmes. This should remove all necessary Alteryx Files. I would just recommend double checking your workflows are saved if you had any you wanted to keep!

Bulien
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@SabrinaW there shouldn't be an issue. If you just missed the predictive tools installation you can just do that as its own separate installation without any issues. Just make sure that you download the predictive tools that matches your original installer (admin or non admin)

SabrinaW
5 - Atom

@ThOC: Thank you! I actually went ahead and installed the predictive tools before I saw your message, but I appreciate the reply!

SabrinaW
5 - Atom

@BrandonB: I wasn't sure if the only difference between the Advanced installation and the Typical installation was the predictive tools, but that seemed to be what I was hearing from Fulfillment, so I went ahead and just installed the Predictive tools. Did I miss anything by doing that?

Labels