Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Accessing the interface tool in the analytic app

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Hi,

I'm attempting to use the Interface Tools for the first time. I want to ask a Yes/No question, then later in the workflow, make a decision in the path depending on that selection.

I'd prefer to use the Radio button tool. Can I use one Radio button tool for multiple radio selections? Or, do I pull down a radio button tool for each selection?

Based on whether "Yes" or "No" is chosen, a certain data point would be included in a report, or not included. 

I am asking for a little guidance setting up the radio buttons, and then using the value that is chosen, whether "Yes" or "No", to make a decision whether or not to include some column in a report. 

Does that make any sense?

Thank you,

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Archaeopteryx ,

Take a look at my example and let me know if it is that you are looking for.

Please change the workflow from macro to an analytical app as image below. Since I was having problem attaching an analytical app, I saved as macro.

fmvizcaino_0-1574371502507.png

Best,

Fernando V.

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Hi,

Thanks. But I'm using version 2019.2. I cannot upgrade since our server is 2019.2.

Chris

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I think the functionality you're looking for is in the "detour" tool. Please see the below page for more information: 

https://help.alteryx.com/current/Detour.htm 

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

yes no radio button logic.png

My endeavor is for the logic to take the top 'green' Reporting path if radio button = "Yes" 

and take the bottom 'red' Reporting path if radio button = "No"

Can someone help me with constructing the Interface logic properly to divert the logic path according to whether one selects, 

"Yes", or "No" ?

thanks

Chris

Labels