Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Accessing the Tool Version

Kaloust
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I am trying to make my macros output the tool version found in Meta info > Tool Settings > Tool Version. This will help trace back any errors found in the future in the outputs created using a certain macro.

Is there a way I can directly access the Tool Version?

I tried using the macro file as an XML input but couldn't find the tool version in the output I got.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @Kaloust

If you want to see the tool versions, you can right click on the tool and "choose tool version"

ToolVersion.png

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

The tool version for a macro does indeed sit within the XML within the <ToolVersion> element.

I would bring in the yxmc as an undelimited csv file, and then do a filter looking for the line which contains the tool version.

Example attached.

Ben

Kaloust
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @LordNeilLord

Thank you for your reply.

The "Choose Tool Version" is not available in the macros I create (I'm not sure if the reason is that I don't have all the versions saved in the same folder). Also the intention is to use the Tool Version as part of a formula (same like accessing [Engine.Version]). The idea is that every output will automatically have the macro version in it, so that if any issues were found later in the macro, it becomes easy to find and isolate/fix the files that were affected.

Any ideas?

Labels