Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Accessing multiple excel files in a folder, Merging the data in them to one excel

SureshBurra1982
7 - Meteor

Hello All,

I have multiple excel files(1.xlsx,2.xlsx etc) in a folder. Each and every excel file will have the data in the same format. Need to extract one keyword from A3 cell. Based on this I need to merge the data of excels.

Ex. If first two excel files keywords are same, then both the excels data need to be merged into one excel with keyword as a naming convention, in the same way if next excel file has same keyword we need to update that data also into the same excel. If new keyword we need to merge that data in respected keyword sheet if created else need to create.

Could you please help on this?

3 REPLIES 3
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @SureshBurra1982 

I think you can do this by using the directory tool to the dynamic input tool (remember to keep file name in the data as an identifier) then some formula logic to identify the groups of files to be merged together then use the output tool with the ability to split files by the identifier you create in the logic to group them. 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @SureshBurra1982 , I have used a little bit different approach as discussed but the output is what you desire. Same accounts merged into single file. Please refer to the screenshot below.

grazitti_sapna_0-1604475901823.png

You just need to change input and render tool path, try on the given file below and let me know in case you need any help.

I hope this helps , kindly mark this post as solution.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hello, @SureshBurra1982. I am moving your post to our Designer Discussions board for more visibility. 

Flávia Brancato
Labels