Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

About using filter tool

selinunlu
7 - Meteor

Hello, 

I have to filter three items together named "bagis , "gecen yil and lisans" but I need help how to do it.

These three items should be filtered and filtered items. should be added new sheet .

Ekran görüntüsü 2021-12-23 210451.png

5 REPLIES 5
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@selinunlu 

Spoiler
binuacs_0-1640284372887.png

mutama
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @selinunlu , another method which does not require you to "hard-code" the values inside the Filter tool, will be to use the Mapping Table concept facilitated by the Join tool:

mutama_0-1640314024749.png

1. Create a Mapping Table which stores the entire list of values that you would like to filter.
  2. Join this mapping table with the Main Data so as to filter out the values that you need from the Mapping Table via a common match (see the "J" output which shows all inner joined values that are filtered out)
  3. Everytime there's a change in the values that you want to filter, instead of "hard-coding" them using the Filter tool, you can simply just update the Mapping Table. Note that this Mapping Table can be created not just with the Text Input tool, but also other data sources (e.g. CSV, Excel etc). You will only need to maintain that Data Source which provides the Mapping Table whenever the filterable values need to be updated.

I've also attached a sample workflow (see yxmd file) here for your reference and perusal. Hope this can make your workflow logic a little bit more dynamic! 🙂

Best Wishes,

MU

selinunlu
7 - Meteor

thank you!!

selinunlu
7 - Meteor

thank you 

mutama
Alteryx
Alteryx

@selinunlu no worries! If the above solutions do help solve the challenge at hand, do remember to check the “Accept as Solution” option so that other users whom may be facing a similar challenge can directly benefit from these solutions 🙂

Happy Holidays! 

Labels