Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

AWS Roles

BenBernardo
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

Is it possible to grant AWS resources (ie: S3, Redshift) via IAM roles within Alteryx Designer? I know that the connectors accepts AWS keys/ secret, however, this is NOT a secure wy of providing access.

Thanks

Ben

8 REPLIES 8
PeterS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @BenBernardo,

At this time our Amazon connections do not offer the ability to log in with or grant resources using IAM within Alteryx Designer.

The use of IAM has reviously been submitted to our Ideas page on the Community.  I would encourage you to submit your use case on the mentioned post for adding this functionality and staring it. Our developers look to the Ideas page to see what users are asking for and suggestions for Alteryx.  Be sure to share the link wit your colleagues so they may star the post and and their use cases, thoughts, or suggestions as well.

Peter Stoddard
Manager, Technical Account Management
Alteryx, Inc.

BenBernardo
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply. Any idea when Alteryx do offer AWS Roles functionality?

Thanks

Ben

PeterS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @BenBernardo,

I am not aware of a timeline, I would suggest checking the post mentioned above from time to time to see if our developers have added any comments to it.  I would also suggest discussing this with your Account Executive as they would be able to check with the Product Managers about any road map details.

Thanks,

Peter

Peter Stoddard
Manager, Technical Account Management
Alteryx, Inc.

mattschmitz
5 - Atom

Trying to understand how this is marked as solved?  The idea seems like it is under review which I interpret as you still can't use IAM roles.

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@mattschmitz,

In the Ideas section we don't pay attention to marked solutions. We look at responses and stars given to the idea. In order for an idea to be considered for review the post must receive at least 10 stars.

Dan

paighowal
7 - Meteor

any updates?

davidhe
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@paighowal be sure to like the idea! 

swadson
7 - Meteor

Any Updates?

Labels