Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

ASCII with RecordID

ebirckholtz
7 - Meteor
Hi all - How can I incorporate an ASCII decimal values into RecordID to create an alpha numeric value?
8 REPLIES 8
derekbelyea
12 - Quasar

Can you give an example of the output you wish to create?

ebirckholtz
7 - Meteor

My goal is to assign a unique alphanumeric ID to my person level data. I do not want to use the current Person ID with alpha added to as a prefix. I need Alteryx to create completely new ID.

Example:

Current ID = Person# 100100 

Newly assigned alteryx ID = AB100111

With the "newly assigned alteryx ID" the alpha prefix can cycle through the alphabet and restart. 

Example AA, AB, AC.... ZZ... AAA, AAB, AAC...ZZZ... AAAA, etc.

I followed this thread to create the numeric part of the ID - Alphanumeric RecordID

However, I'm stuck on how to incorporate the ASCII decimal value into the RecordID

derekbelyea
12 - Quasar

This may take you down the right path......

2018-02-07_00003.png

ebirckholtz
7 - Meteor

Thank you!!

derekbelyea
12 - Quasar

My previous workflow was flawed.  Please use this one instead.

derekbelyea
12 - Quasar

Here is a workflow segment that will generate 456,976 unique four character string values starting with  AAAA, AAAB, AAAC and so on.

2018-02-08_00002.png

ebirckholtz
7 - Meteor

With this sequence, I would need to generate a column similar to "NUM" (from the previous workflow) that would be used when I join the Prefix list to my Person list, correct?

derekbelyea
12 - Quasar

Yes, exactly.

Labels