Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

ARIMA Residuals

Aleks_Data
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I'm modelling a time series with ARIMA and some covariates. I'd like to extract the residuals of the model in the data used for fitting the ARIMA model. Is there a way to do this? 

Thanks!

Aleks_Data

7 REPLIES 7
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Yes. You need to open the Arima tool as a macro - open the R tool - figure out where the Residuals are in the R - add a link outputting them to a new R anchor - and then output that R anchor to a macro output. Which tool specifically are you looking at?

Aleks_Data
6 - Meteoroid

I'm using this tool:

https://help.alteryx.com/es-419/20213/designer/arima-tool

I have zero experience with macros. If I edit one ARIMA tool that changes all the instances of the tool?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

No - you'd save the version you edited - so it would be like Aleks_Data ARIMA or something... The macro part is easy - how's your R? If you right click on Arima tool you can open it and look in the R tool to see the code. You may need some trial and error to find the line which relates to what you want.

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Aleks_Data,

Here is a post explaining how to get the fitted values. Then you should be able to subtract the actuals to get the residuals.

Aleks_Data
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks NeilR and apathetichell, both anwers were very useful but NeilR's link has a more direct approach so I marked that as "accepted solution".

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@Aleks_Data- @NeilR deserves full credit - he actually sent you a workable answer!

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

NeilR_0-1633104392953.jpeg

Labels