community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

ARIMA: Error in searchDir(dbDir, lang) : expecting a string

Highlighted
Atom

Hi, I am new to Alteryx, I was wondering if someone could help me with this error I get every time I run an ARIMA model. Here is the error:

Error: ARIMA (13): ARIMA: Error in searchDir(dbDir, lang) : expecting a string

Alteryx Partner

+1 I came across with this one as well..

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @Atabarezz and @Rey,

I'm having trouble reproducing this error. Issues like this can be difficult to diagnose without seeing the workflow, so would you be able to share a workflow that produces this error? Dummy data is fine, as long as the error persists

Hoss Carroll
Customer Support Engineer
Alteryx
Atom

Hello Hoss,

Thanks for your reply.

I used to use Alteryx 10.6 on my machine and it worked fine with ARIMA models. As soon as I upgraded to Alteryx latest version, I face this error every time. So no matter what the workflow is, it gives me the error.

I first thought, bringing a file from the old version into this new one has caused this error so I started the workflows from scratch in the new version but the error persists. I have downgraded to Alteryx 10.6 on my laptop and run ARIMA models on my laptop without any error.

The attached workflow was a part of my course on Udacity:

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Rey,

The workflow that you provided does not have any data attached. I have tried running the workflow with the same configuration, but different data, and it runs successfully for me. Would you mind attaching the data file that was used for this workflow?

Hoss Carroll
Alteryx
Atom

Hello,

Sorry, I forgot to attach the data. Here I have attached it. However, as I said earlier, I don't have any problem with the workflow either on my other machine that runs Alteryx 10.6. So, I don't think the problem is with Workflow.

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Rey,

Yeah, I'm still able to run this without error. Can you try 2 things?

1. Can you try reinstalling the predictive tools for the 11.7 version?

- Here is the link for that download.

2. Once the predictive tools have been reinstalled, can you try running the ARIMA sample workflow from within designer (v. 11.7)?

Help => Sample Workflows => Predictive Analysis => 15 Time Series Forecasting Sample

Thanks!

Hoss Carroll
Alteryx
Atom

Hello Hoss,

I just reinstalled and ran the sample workflow number 15 and got the same error again. Here is a screenshot:

photo_2017-12-29_12-56-28.jpg

Alteryx Partner

Hi All,

I suspect a number of things,

1) This started happening when we upgraded to the most up to date version of Alteryx...

2) And after a huge update has been released from Microsoft

• Can you please share the locale information for your windows? Mine is Turkish-TR
  • Windows 10 version 1709 - 16299.125

Best

Alteryx Certified Partner

I have encountered this issue too. I had previously completed Weekly Challenge #24 on my old laptop using v11.5, and it worked fine. Last month I installed v11.7 on a new laptop, and when I ran this workflow I got the same error. I have now upgraded to v11.8, and still get the error. I tried the sample, and it returns the error.

I also suspect that it is tied to the latest version of Windows 10 and/or Microsoft’s desire to tie computer logins to microsoft.com accounts. I have encountered a few issues with Alteryx that were tied to my user profile since getting the new laptop.

Ken

Labels