Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

API records Doesn't Match Log Files

leandro_sodre
5 - Atom

Hi folks, I'm trying to identify which workflows have constantly run with an error status, looking at the last 5 times it has run.

To do this I'm gathering information from API (https://<alteryxserver>/webapi/admin/v1/workflows/jobs) where I can know when and what status of the last workflow execution.

And I also read the information about the log files of each worker, where I can extract the workflow file name and the date and execution time of several workflow executions.

But when I try to connect both by filename, I have noticed that I sometimes have date divergencies. I have the file name on both sides, but different values of the last execution date comparing the max date from logs with the returned date from API. And also differences in some workflows that are returned in API but not in Logs and vice versa.

Somebody knows if I'm trying to connect things that shouldn't be or if there is a best way to do it?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

This is probably not it, but do all of the workers and the controller have the same date/time settings?
Is there a consistent difference ?
Is the difference minutes? hours? days?

Are you looking at the time the Controller sent it to the worker or the time the worker executed the workflow?

I think the better way to go about this is by way of a MongoDB connector to the controller.  But that should be the same as the API you are calling.

Labels