Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

API key and Secret Key not found

Dhanyamj
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have a student license key for my Alteryx designer , but I could not find my API key and Secret key in my Alteryx Gallery. I dint find any solutions relating to this topic in the support. 

Please help on this.

Regards,

Dhanya

5 REPLIES 5
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@Dhanyamj ,

You must have an Alteryx Server license to use the API key and Secret.

DanM

Dhanyamj
7 - Meteor

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your response. Then how do I connect to the tableau having Alteryx Designer? Is there any other way to connect it?

Thanks, 

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@Dhanyami,

You can connect to a Tableau Server using the Publish Tableau Server Tool found in the Connectors pallet. If you don't have a Tableau Server, you can output a tde file from the output tool and open the tde file in Tableau.

Dhanyamj
7 - Meteor

@DanM,

Thanks you very much for you help.

Regards,

Dhanya

cmiles
7 - Meteor

I am an instructor and want to teach my students how to use the UiPath’s Alteryx scope activity as part of a capstone project. We have already covered UiPath and Alteryx independently.

The UiPath Setup guide says the students need to:

1. Go to the Keys tab on your profile settings in Alteryx
2. Obtain the Private Studio API (Key*) and (Secret)

With a student license key for my Alteryx designer, can student access the required key? If so, how is this done?

I found this post from Jan 2020 stating that a user must have an Alteryx Server license to use the API key and Secret. Is this still the case? If so, is there a workaround?

Labels